Coordinated Family Supports Specialist
Job Title: Coordinated Family Supports Specialist
Program: Coordinated Family Supports (CFS)
Reports to: Program Supervisor / Regional Manager
Work Location(s): San Mateo County
Employment Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Pay Rage: $25.00 to $30.00 per hour.
Coordinated Family Supports (CFS) is a new service option specifically designed for adults with developmental disabilities who are served by a regional center and who choose to live in their family home. The CFS Specialist will provide direct supports in the family home and identify and provide supports necessary to successfully reside in the family home.
CFS services will focus on improving equitable access to services and supports and reducing ethnic and racial disparities while flexibly tailoring the service to the individual and their family. CFS will be provided in a manner which is respectful of the culture, ethnicity, and linguistic preferences of the individual and their family.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct care supports necessary to successfully reside in the family home.
- Identify and provide supports necessary to successfully reside in the family home.
- Provide assistance and training for the consumer and their family in navigating comprehensive services and supports that are tailored to meet their unique needs, including creating pathways to overcome barriers to accessing generic and other resources.
- Provide additional information or resources on the consumer’s diagnosis and identified
- Coordinate consistency in training across providers specific to the needs of the consumer and their family.
- Assisting with scheduling of service delivery including medical and other appointments.
- Identifying transportation options or services.
- Identifying backup providers/supports and providing those backup supports when the plan fails.
- Providing futures planning for the consumer, including those living with aging caregivers.
- Providing training to the consumer and community stakeholders which maximizes their independence.
- Prepare and submit quarterly reports on progress of service delivery.
- CFS staff will have an Associates-level degree in a human services field of study or
- 3 years of experience in the developmental disabilities service delivery system.
- CFS staff can communicate in the primary language of the consumer and their family.
- CFS Staff have knowledge of the regional center system.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Criminal Record clearance.
- First Aid/CPR Certified.
Benefits Available to Employees:
- Vacation and Sick Time
- Paid company holidays
- Health insurance for medical and vision coverage and dental coverage
- Recognition and incentive programs
About the Company:
Omelagah, Inc. (O Inc.) is a family-owned disability services company, dedicated to delivering quality services for adults with developmental disabilities in Northern California.
We help individuals with developmental disabilities with complex needs, succeed in their home communities instead of institutional settings. We are best known for successfully supporting individuals with a history of forensic involvement. We strive to improve the lives of the people we support, through the implementation of trauma-informed, person-centered practices in community-based programs. For more information, please visit us at www.omelagah.com
How to Apply:
Apply online: Omelagah Inc. Online Application