Who We Are
Omelagah, Inc. (O Inc.) is a family-owned disability services company, dedicated to delivering quality services for adults with developmental disabilities in Northern California.
We help individuals with developmental disabilities with complex needs, succeed in their home communities instead of institutional settings. We are best known for successfully supporting individuals with a history of forensic involvement.
We strive to improve the lives of the people we support, through the implementation of trauma-informed, person-centered practices in community-based programs.
Deliver quality support services for adults with developmental disabilities with complex needs.
Core Values = EQUIP
EQUIP – to provide whatever is needed to achieve a particular purpose.
- Empathy – for the people we serve and the people we work with.
- Quality – quality care, quality facilities and quality work.
- Unity – no matter what your role is in the company, we are one team, one company.
- Integrity – be trusted to care for the people we serve and do your job when no one is looking.
- Problem Solving – in this work we face many challenges everyday both macro and micro. We value team members who bring a creative, solutions based spirit to challenges and focus their energies on solving problems not illuminating problems – “Autopsies Without Blame”.
Omelagah, Inc. was founded in 2010 by Matt and Ebony Omelagah. As the Forensic Social Worker at Golden Gate Regional Center, Ebony worked on over 500 cases involving individuals with developmental disabilities who had contact with the legal system. Over the years, Ebony became frustrated by the lack of community-based support options these individuals. Many service providers would refuse to work with these individuals once they understood they were forensically involved. This resulted in many institutional placements, homelessness and lack of quality service options.
Convinced that many of the people she served would thrive in the community if provided with an opportunity, Ebony left her job at Golden Gate Regional Center to develop services to meet the unique needs of this population. Together with Matthew Omelagah, a Social Worker with experience in Social Enterprise Administration, we began this journey.
Today, Omelagah, Inc. employs approximately 140+ team members who are delivering quality services for adults with developmental disabilities with complex needs in Northern California.
Company Founders Matt and Ebony Omelagah working as Direct Care Staff at a Residential Program in Turlock, CA in 2003.