Supported Living Services
Omelagah, Inc.’s Supported Living Services (SLS) Program was developed to meet the needs of adults with developmental disabilities who have forensic backgrounds or who may be at risk of forensic involvement. Our program was developed with a focus on individuals transitioning from institutional settings into community settings. All services are person-centered to help each individual succeed in the community by tailoring services to meet their unique needs.
Our SLS programs are designed to empower the people we serve to make positive choices, and meet their goals. Services may include community integration, self-help training, vocational training, social skill development, and behavior management. We believe the more connections a person has in the community, the more likely they are to be successful in the community.
SLS services consist of a broad range of services to adults with developmental disabilities who, through the Individual Program Plan (IPP) process, choose to live in homes they themselves own or lease in the community. SLS services may include:
- Assistance with selecting and moving into a home;
- Choosing personal attendants and housemates;
- Acquiring household furnishings;
- Common daily living activities and emergencies;
- Becoming a participating member in community life; and,
- Managing personal financial affairs, as well as other supports.