Supported Living Services
Omelagah, Inc.’s Supported Living Services (SLS) program was developed to help adults with developmental disabilities live successfully in the community instead of an institutional settings. We offer in-home support staff who help individuals live in their own homes. All services are person-centered and tailored to meet their unique needs and preferred futures.
Our SLS programs are designed to empower the people we serve to make positive choices, and meet their goals. Services may include community integration, self-help training, vocational training, social skill development, and behavior management. We believe the more connections a person has in the community, the more likely they are to be successful in the community.
SLS services consist of a broad range of services to adults with developmental disabilities who, through the Individual Program Plan (IPP) process, choose to live in homes they themselves own or lease in the community. SLS services may include:
- Assistance with selecting and moving into a home;
- Choosing personal attendants and housemates;
- Acquiring household furnishings;
- Common daily living activities and emergencies;
- Becoming a participating member in community life; and,
- Managing personal financial affairs, as well as other supports.